Project kick-off: “Digital Europe 2030 | Data & Democracy“
Interdisciplinary expert group starts work
The future of democracy in the European Union will largely be shaped by the way we embed digital technologies in our societies, economies, and political systems. To successfully shape the digital transformation on the basis of democratic values within the EU, it is crucial that we develop a shared vision of how to deal with data in the future.
In the project "Digital Europe 2030: Data & Democracy," the Alfred Herrhausen Gesellschaft has now convened an interdisciplinary expert group to explore the question of how the collection, analysis, and utilization of data can proceed to the benefit of our democratic societies in the future. The group is kicking off the project with a workshop on 12 November. Using various tools of strategic foresight, ca. 16 experts from politics, business, academia, and civil society will design scenarios, formulate goals, develop roadmaps, and draft concrete ideas for policy options that will eventually be presented at the level of the European institutions.
We are pleased to welcome the members of the expert group:
- Alina Blankertz, Senior Consultant, Oxera / Co-Founder and Co-Chair, SINE Foundation
- Maria Blöcher, Head of Programme, Work4Germany
- Georg Dietz, Editor-in-Chief, The New Institute
- Hanna Israel, Project Lead, My Country Talks
- Julia Kloiber, Managing Director & Co-Founder, Superrr Lab
- Dr. Henriette Litta, Managing Director, Open Knowledge Foundation Germany
- Dr. Julia Pohle, Research Fellow of the Research Group "Politics of Digitization", Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
- Isabel Skierka, Program Leader for Technology Policy, ESMT Berlin (Digital Society Institute)
- Ilja Skrylnikow, Exchange Diplomat, French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs / Chairman & Co-Founder, German French Young Leaders
- Felix Styma, Managing Partner, iconomy
- Dr. Funda Tekin, Director, Institute for European Politics
- Dr. Thorsten Thiel, Research Group Lead “Democracy and Digitalisation”, Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society
- Philipp von der Wippel, Founder & Managing Director, ProjectTogether
The project benefits from the additional expertise of a Sounding Board.
For further inquiries, please contact Samuel Walker.